Pastor Ed Plants subscribes to the Biblical imagery of shepherd when it comes to his pastoral style of leadership. He wants to know his sheep and feed and provide for them from the counsel of God’s inspired Word. He believes the church as the body of Christ allows for various areas of giftedness, but with a guiding like-mindedness.
Ed grew up in Colorado and Wyoming, then graduated from Southern Methodist University in Dallas with a double major of English and Religious Studies. He graduated from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth with a Master of Divinity degree (with Biblical languages). He pastored Claytonville Baptist Church, Kress, Texas from 1988-1993 and First Baptist Church, Claude, Texas from 1993-1997. He has served as pastor of Geyer Road since June of 1997.
Ed and Elizabeth married in 1983, and they have six children and one granddaughter. Elizabeth is a part-time math instructor at Meramec Community College and also frequently substitute teaches math in the Kirkwood schools. Ed and Elizabeth also frequently teach at marriage enrichment conferences.
- Bible Verse: “But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well.” – Matthew 6:33
- Movies: The Sound of Music and It’s a Wonderful Life
- Books Besides the Bible: Unbroken and Banner in the Sky
- Food: Yes (hard to narrow that down)
- Activities: Golf, spending time with family, being outdoors